Saturday, May 4, 2013

0 Malaysian Politics, General Election and My Stance

The moment I write this, it is less than 17 hours left before Malaysian General Election gonna take place. I must say, that this is the most anticipating general election in Malaysian  history ever since it was first took place in 1955. For 55 years, the country was ruled by the very same political party. And because of that, most of our veteran citizens have grown to be very dependent towards the very same political party.



I was trying to stay neutral as much as I can throughout the year the election took place. And given that I am not yet a registered voters, I should stay as neutral as possible and sit back to watch the result of the general election tomorrow.




I read an article before about a Turkey prime minister that chose to step down after winning for three semesters of general election. I respected him for his word. He said that  three semesters were long enough. He don't want Turkey to be called a nation of his own. Turkey is not his, it is the citizens. When the citizens grew attached to him too much, they will worship the leadership a lot. That is something that shouldn't happen. A thirst for power.




Different views are actually colliding in Malaysia. While in Turkey, the prime minister itself step down, in Malaysia, the current government party still thirst for power. Everything is done, every single method, to win over the heart of the citizens.




I believe, that the current government is the idea of the old generation. The day when Malay Land was upside down. Those idea were carried forward up until today. Saidina Umar ra once said, "teach your children for their generation, not yours."




What we are witnessing today is the old generation are educating the current children of Malaysia with the idea of their generation. However, the level of education of Malaysian has drastically increased. Most of them knows what is right and what is wrong.




Instead of saying that the younger generation today have forgotten their roots, we should instead say, the younger generation today has found their own roots. The trees usually disperse their seed for the saplings to grow on their own and not grown attached to the parent tree. Hence today, those "saplings" have grown up and standing on their own roots. This does even once means that they forgot what the older generation has done, the sacrifice that made Malaysia a better place to live. This is, however, to show respect towards our future generation by providing them a better future. What past is past. Stop holding the younger generation with the haunt of the past. Past will be a remembrance of how we used to be and future is a hope that in the future, the past is never bound to repeat.




As in today, I witnessed a very disgusting sight in my whole life ever. A sight of pitiful, desperate and power madness people, still, at the very end, allowing their hands to be touched by the non-mahram in order to pass on the so-called "please-vote-us-money" aka bribe.




And, I, at that very moment, in my WHOLE life, felt my utmost regret for not being able to register as voters on time. I want a better nation for my children and for the whole Malaysian. This is not what I want to see happening in my beloved country. I sincerely apologize to the whole nation for not being able to vote on tomorrow's election but if Allah's will, for the next general election, I will join you guys. I shall pray for the victory of a better qualified candidates during this election.




And I, hereby, revealing my political stance for the first time.




P.S.: Ini Kalilah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

:: Bila Angin Berbicara :: Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates