Sunday, May 2, 2010

0 Endangered Species!

Oh ok, what the hell. Don't u ever think I'll start talking bout tigers n rhinos n everything. It's not about that ok?


I'm not saying I have no love bout nature but it's kinda lame to keep talking bout those. So well here, what my point is, the OTHER endangered species. I browsed a forum (u know what my enthusiastic on) and I found this topic. Well good choice of word to attract my attention (at least they tried and it works). The topic was about Endangered Species (definitely not tiger or rhino). Well it's a game.


So if any of you have tried massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG), like World of Warcraft, etc etc (I give WoW as the example because that's my first MMORPG), you will start to notice that the game is lack of healer. That's the endangered species means here.


Healer in a game like WoW, acts as a person that keeps the health of the party member at their highest. Healers main concern is tank. Tank took the damage from monsters and bosses while keeping the aggro on them, and healer will keep the tank safe. The other party member will act as damage dealer to kill the monster faster. They also have buff that will benefit the party member and have the power to resurrect the dead party members.


In the game I currently play, Shin Megami Tensei, this lot is called as enhancer. This job is the most important job in high level dungeons with their amazing buff that can increase party attack power and also raises their defenses. Not to mention, a high level enhancer can cast a mirror that can reflect enemy's attack. Without a decent enhancer, team member will get wipeout real fast. With enhance the damage their received is cut according to the intelligence level of the enhancer.


Healer or enhancer, both plays important role. WoW and shin megami tensei are two distinct game, yet, the role of both classes are always in demand. From my personal experience, the number of healer and enhancer on both games are low, causing some runs to actually hindered. Some people might actually need to shout for hours to get their healer or enhancer.


The question is why, less people takes this challenging job? Simply to answer, as myself, I love attacking than just sitting around. For example in WoW, a very good tank can actually take down a boss without needing a healing after all. This tank however, has a very strong defenses. With this type of tank, healer job is kinda loosened a bit.


Second, ok this is the craziest thing I've ever done. When I choose to make a holy priest in WoW, it never came out through my mind how am I going to level him. When I started to get higher in level, then I realized the quest is more and more challenging than ever. When I mention the path I've taken to level up, most of my guildmate was kinda surprise. They were like, "Ok, I can imagine how a resto druid or a resto shaman level up, but a holy priest??". Yes they were right. Restoration druid have a special ability to shapeshift as a bear or a tiger that can help them do a lot of damage while Restoration shaman have totems that can cast firebolt and they have enchantment that can strengthen their weapon. As for holy priest, your best bet to hit is only with Smite or Holy Fire. What else?


Third, some people might already tried to become a healer, but they might be demotivated by some people. Well when people die in a dungeon, the word like, "NOOB HEALER!" will pop out. And all the swearing start. This kind of word might actually demotivate people to become a healer. I must say, being a good healer is not easy. Those that actually said that is actually those that haven't try to be a healer. You can say everything you want, but when you start to become a healer, you'll understand the path they've taken. To be honest, I've been hit with that kind of word once. I would blame that person back. It's his fault to actually take the aggro from the tank. And it's also the tank's fault who actually can't hold the aggro well. When people ask, then when actually is the healer's fault? I'd say, healer can be blamed when the tank died while their healing only focus on him or they actually being afk without even saying a thing to party member.


I played healer and I played enhancer. Both classes are important in a group. Lately, with the sucks connection from streamyx, I had to reject some of the offers to do runs. I dun want them to die because of my lag.


And above all, that actually shows how healer or enhancer are on demand.

WEll look at here :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

:: Bila Angin Berbicara :: Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates